At the end of the last school year, I wrote about our how difficult it has become for many of our Bible school students to pay their tuition. I also mentioned that we were creating scholarships designed to help them shoulder that load and asked how many of you would be willing to help. Since our new school year began last week, I am long overdue in giving you a report on what has happened in the interim. The great news is that you responded generously, going above and beyond our expectations! So far, we have raised $1,092.45 for our twelve students:
- Two people gave lump-sum payments that added up to about $860—enough to cover a full year’s tuition for 3 students and half a year for one more.
- Three more people committed to monthly donations, covering four additional students at a rate of $20 per month.
- In summary, out of our twelve students, the cost of annual tuition has been covered for 7-1/2 students.
Our faculty will meet on September 5 to decide how to award these scholarships and which students will receive them. After a preliminary discussion, my best guess is that half the money will go to students suggested and voted on by faculty members for their exemplary Christian character. The other half will be awarded at the end of the year on a merit basis to students with excellent academic achievement. We have made great headway toward our goal, but there is still plenty of time left to give. There are two ways to do so:
- Mail a check to: Rehoboth Ministries, P.O. Box 8222, Fayetteville, NC 28311. Make sure to write “BIBLE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP” on the check. (Due to the fact that PayPal takes a 3% cut of all online donations, we would prefer you use this option if at all possible.) One hundred percent of what you give will go to covering students’ tuition.
- To donate online through PayPal, click here and then click the yellow “Donate” button. Enter the amount you would like to give and tick the box to make your donation a recurring payment.
Thank you so much for your generosity to our students! If I could ask for just three more minutes of your time, click here to watch an interview with Gary St.-Vil, one of our seniors. He is a great example of the kind of student whose life your giving blesses.