August is here and the summer is winding down. I’m looking forward to seeing my sister and her family, who will be driving down from West Virginia next week to see us before I head home. One week from today, I will be on a plane heading back to Haiti for my seventh year of missions work.
In my last post, I wrote about my ankle and how the doctor had recommended surgery. I decided to seek a second opinion on that and I was very glad that I did. The orthopedic doctor ordered an MRI and told me he didn’t think the ankle needed surgery at all. He said he thought the ligament just needed more exercise and more time to heal. The best part was that the MRI (which would have cost about $900) was completely free due to a program the local hospital had for low-income patients. I thank the Lord for providing at an opportune time.
Another thing I would like to thank the Lord for is friends who have provided fellowship. Many people do not realize how lonely it can be for missionaries when they come home. When you are out of the loop throughout the year, it can be difficult to just pick back up where you left off. Since my grandparents passed away a few years ago, I have had the added challenge of spending two months a year in a town where I knew virtually no one. I have been grateful for my connection with a local businessman who has become a friend and confidant. He has connected me to many other people. Since he also recently planted a church here that started supporting our ministry, my parents got to speak at his church this morning. I have had several other friends either make the drive down to the coast to visit or call me on the phone and I thank the Lord for them.
Finally, I would like to thank the Lord for those of you who have responded to my call in June for regular monthly support. It helps a lot and goes a long way. I am still in need of more regular monthly supporters, though. If you or your church would commit to supporting me for $25 (or any amount) per month, it would go a long way toward covering things like car repairs, health insurance, student loans, and rent.
- Our Bible college has been seeking government accreditation for a long time. Due to the nature of the bureaucracy and the ever-present political stability, this is taking even longer than usual. Please pray that God would move mountains.
- This will be my final year of completing my history degree online. Please pray that I would have the physical stamina to make it through this year.
- I have been having some trouble with my eyes and am going in for an eye exam tomorrow. Please pray that the Lord would help me cover the costs of whatever treatment I need.
- Please pray that the Lord would open the door for a solution to Haiti’s ongoing political problems and give us a peaceful year.
- Visit www.thelordstable.org, click “Give Now” under the Giving menu, and set up a recurring donation for the amount you choose.
- Specify “Missions” under Fund and type “Monthly Support – John Adams, Haiti” in the Memo line.
- If you prefer, you can also mail a check to:
- Rehoboth Ministries
c/o The Lord’s Table
P.O. Box 11049
Goldsboro, NC 27532
- NOTE: CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO “THE LORD’S TABLE,” NOT to John Adams
- Rehoboth Ministries